background

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax REVIEW!

Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax on DVD

AUGUST 7th 2012

Plus Get Three Never-Before-Seen Mini Movies Available only on
Blu-ray™ Combo Packs for theUltimate Experience


DR. SEUSS’ THE LORAX will arrive on Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
 (both sets featuring DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet™)
on August 7, 2012 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment


 Recently I was sent a copy of The Lorax DVD for the purpose of this review. My husband and I were very excited to watch this movie because it had been a childhood favorite of ours and my husband is in the tree business so this movie is right up his alley.

The Lorax is an adorable movie that has a great story behind all of the fantastic graphics and fun colors. The story is based around a young boy who is willing to do anything to win over the love of his crush. In order to win her over, he goes on a journey and is introduced to the "Once-ler" who tells him the story of the Lorax. This story teaches the valuable lesson that those who are greedy never truly win in the end. The Lorax was my favorite character. He is a bit grumpy but ever so charming.

The Lorax kept my attention the whole way through with the fun story line and the lovely bright colors throughout the movie. I laughed out loud during several of the scenes. I loved being able to recognize several of the characters voices. There are a lot of big names in this movie including, Zac Efron, Betty White, Taylor Swift, Danny DeVito and many more.  I thought that Danny DeVito did a great job with the voice of the Lorax!

I would love to see this film in 3D beacuse of the beautiful colors and awesome graphics. Even in the 2D version, I wanted to reach out and touch the trees because they look very real and soft.

Get Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax on DVD August 7th 2012!

This is a film that the whole family is sure to love!

Dr. Seuss’The Lorax is thethird feature created by Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment (DespicableMe, Hop). 
For more information, please visit www.theloraxmovie.com.

CAST AND FILMMAKERS 
Cast: Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Rob Riggle, Jenny Slate and Betty White
Based on the Book by:Dr. Seuss
Screenplay By: Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio
Executive Producers: Audrey Geisel, Ken Daurio, Cinco Paul
Produced By: Christopher Meledandri, Janet Healy
Directed By: Chris Renaud
Co-directedBy: Kyle Balda
Music By:John Powell
Edited By: Ken Schretzmann ACE, Claire Dodgson, Steven Liu
Art Director: Eric Guillon
Production Designer: Yarrow Cheney

 


Running Time: 1 hour 27minutes

I received no compensation for my review other than a free sample
of the product. All opinions expressed are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment